In this blog article, we will discuss how to transfer an SBCGlobal email account to your Gmail account by simple steps. The transfer method is relatively simple and can be done using the Fetcher function, which is just a part of Gmail. But there’s one question here. Only accounts created before June 11th, 2011 are to be transferred. If after that your account has been created, the company will not provide a POP3 server, which is necessary for direct transfer.
So, here’s the method described in a very simple way to understand, keeping the subject matter in mind.
- Go to gmail.com and sign in to your Gmail account. Then, from the upper right side click on the gear button. Then choose Option “Settings.”
- Click on the tab ‘Accounts and Import’ and press ‘Add your mail account.’
- You must now enter your netmail address of SBCGlobal, followed by clicking on the ‘Next move.’ You will then need to type in the SBCGlobal password.
- You will choose inbound.att.net from the POP server drop-down menu, and change port settings to 995.
- You will need to check the ‘Leave a copy of the message received on the server’ tab. Keeping this option enabled will prevent Gmail from deleting emails.
- After that, checkmark the option that says ‘Always use SSL to get the emails back.
- Now click the ‘Label Mark incoming messages’ to allow your Gmail account to display the email messages from the email login account of SBCGlobal.net.
- If you want to bar mails from your SBCGlobal webmail to appear in your Gmail account, check the ‘Archive incoming Messages’ tab.
- Finally, press Add Account > > button on your Gmail to transfer your SBCglobal password. Depending on how many emails you have in your SBCGlobal email account this can take a few minutes.
Some Important things to known by the user while transfer SBCGlobal email account to your Gmail account:
If you have an SBCGlobal account you created after June 11th, 2011, which is almost at its expiry date, then your best bet is to transfer the email to an email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook where you can use the IMAP protocol. With this form, you will not be able to see the emails on your Gmail account but you may be able to transfer the email to a computer. To do this, you must add your SBCGlobal account to the server form using IMAP, and enter ‘imap.mail.yahoo.com’ in the server name. You need to type ‘993’ when it comes to port configuration and allow SSL security.
The POP3 configuration refers to all SBCGlobal net email settings ending in SBCGlobal.net, att.net, Ameritech.net, packbell.net, flash.net, swbell.net, nvbell.net, wans.net, prodigy.net, and snet.net.
So, this is the method of moving emails from SBCGlobal webmail to Gmail using the mediator site SBCGlobal net. If there is some trouble with uploading, then you can use the SBCGlobal email problem solvers to help. The email transfer method is easy and very necessary because the old webmail service of SBCGlobal is not good enough to satisfy the users.